Yoga Nidra Teacher Training: The Power of Quiet Practice
A 40-hour Certification with Sheila Cullen
A Three-Day Intensive
June 8, 9, 10 2018
Deepen your own practice and gain the skills to guide others through empowering, embodied journeys of discovery, nourishment and clarity.
Join Sheila Cullen for an inspiring training into the beautiful, healing power of Yoga Nidra. This course will provide you with a clear and comprehensive understanding of the practice. Explore this unique opportunity to learn the foundations for teaching Yoga Nidra, skilfully and with compassion.
Transformation through Yoga Nidra
The ancient practice of Yoga Nidra is a form of meditation - a unique combination of deep relaxation and alert awareness - that rejuvenates and renews both the physical body and the mind. It is a quiet practice that heals and transforms.
Yoga Nidra means the Yogi’s sleep. It is a state of relaxed consciousness, which is the result of a guided sequential journey inward to stillness. Yoga Nidra gives us an opportunity to release long held perceptions and beliefs that we rely on to make sense of our world.
We are all conditioned in the way we experience our reality by memories of the past. Within this deep state of Yoga Nidra, one can release and heal subconscious issues related to health, work, stress and relationships resulting in a more conscious and powerful existence.
In this intensive you will learn:
- The history and development of Yoga Nidra intentions, and how they shape the practice
- The science of Yoga Nidra
- The stages of Yoga Nidra
- Understanding the Kosha'a (5 subtle bodies)
- Creating Sankalpa (heart felt intention)
- Yoga Nidra as a meditative practice
- Growing your own practice
- Developing scripts and finding your voice
- Working with specific groups
Therapeutic Applications of Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra combines the power of biofeedback, meditation and energetic healing. The extensive healing and therapeutic impact of Yoga Nidra has been widely accepted by health professionals and has been adopted in many hospital settings and integrative medical services across North America.
Some of the therapeutic benefits can include:
- Boosts to serotonin levels
- Decreased anxiety
- Improved sleep
- Enhanced immune system function
- Blood sugar level stabilization
- Increased alpha brainwaves
- Muscle tension and pain relief
At the end of this course you will have the skills needed to teach groups and individuals (including children) and the confidence to offer others the gift of Yoga Nidra.
This course is appropriate for yoga teachers, health professionals, dedicated yoga practitioners, parents & partners. CEU’s have been approved by the Yoga Alliance and Ontario Nurses Association. If you are a professional requiring CEU’s for your college please inquire and I will make contact to try to arrange this if possible.
- 24 hrs In Studio instruction
- 8 hrs online content with worksheet completion
- 2 live group online sessions with structured Q&A
Course requirements for Certification:
Attendees must be present for all weekend sessions
- Attendees must watch and complete all on-line content. (if you are not able to be present for the live events they will be recorded but you are still required to watch them)
- Late sign-ups (i.e. the week of the start ) will be required to complete the pre-studio work to participate in the weekend training.
- Following the training weekend, Attendees will complete an (open book) exam and submit a voice recording of 3 of the 8 stages of the Yoga Nidra practice.
Please note that this training is limited to 24 participants to maintain an intimate atmosphere for learning and has filled quickly in the past. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training:
The Power of Quiet Practice
June 8, 9, 10 2018
Toronto, Ontario - Spirit Loft, 290 Carlaw Ave
Friday June 8, 1 - 9:30 pm
Saturday June 9, 1 - 9:30 pm
Sunday June 10, 1 - 8:30 pm
(+ Offsite hours mentioned above)